Speech and Language Diagnostic services are provided to people of all ages at our facility on Tuytenbridge Road in Lake Katrine, NY.
All speech and language evaluations are completed by a New York State licensed Speech-Language Pathologist.
Areas of assessment include:
- Articulation disorders
- Phonological skills delays
- Language delay or disorders
- Fluency disorders or stuttering
- Voice disorders
This includes but is not limited to children and adults with diagnosed syndromes such as Autism, Down Syndrome or Hearing Impairment, stroke victims and persons with neurological problems related to certain diseases and syndromes.
Risk Factors for a Speech and Language Delay include:
- Low birth weight, failure to thrive and prematurity
- A diagnosis of Autism, Down Syndrome or Hearing Impairment
- A familial history of speech and language and/or learning delays
A comprehensive speech and language evaluation may include:
- The use of several standardized tests designed to assess language function, vocabulary and speech sound production
- A detailed case history report and interview
- Informal observation of the child during play
- A language sample analysis
- Consultation follow up regarding clinical findings and recommendations for therapy.
Intervention programs vary depending on the nature and severity of the communicative disorder, the client’s age, and individual concerns. Therapy is provided for children and adults and may be scheduled for individual or group sessions. Parents of children in therapy, as well as family members or caregivers of adult clients, receive information throughout the semester regarding the client’s progress and ways to facilitate communication skills outside the clinic. A consultation is scheduled during the final therapy session in each semester to provide recommendations to the clients, parents, and/or caregivers.